Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
At aparto we put people first. We aim to create a culture of diversity within our communities, providing a vibrant working, learning and living environment, where all are valued for their contribution and individuality.
We are committed to offering environments free from discrimination, bullying, harassment or victimisation, where all members of our community are treated with respect and dignity.
aparto is committed to working and operating in an inclusive way and Our Values reflect this commitment:
The diversity of people and the spark between them are at the core of the community at aparto. We create experience programmes tailored for each aparto’s unique location and residents, focusing on their transition into every-day university life – from well-being, growth and education to making new friends and fun.
We want all of our residents to have the time of their lives living with aparto. For many of them it will be the first time they leave home and have real freedom to explore, and for some it means starting a life in a whole new country. We always do everything we can to make their experience as positive, exciting, fun and rewarding as possible.
We aim to be exceptional in every way we can. That means being different, and inspiring. We offer exceptional service, we provide award-winning spaces, and we enable all of our residents to have the best experiences. Our buildings are places where residents and their parents can feel inspired, comfortable and be a part of a community.
aparto believes the experience of our residents is enriched through the integration of individuals in an atmosphere where no-one feels threatened, intimidated or inferior in any way and in which diversity and equality are championed.
We offer accommodation to all students regardless of age, gender, marital status, race or ethnicity, nationality, disability, religion or religious belief, social, health, cultural or educational background.
We will at all times ensure that all residents and visitors are treated fairly, always with respect and dignity and never with prejudice.
We will follow best practice in all areas and work to:
• eradicate unlawful discrimination;
• promote equality of opportunity;
• eliminate bullying and harassment;
• promote good relations between different groups;
• celebrate what we have in common and capitalise on our diversity; and
• recognise and take account of people’s differences.
To this end aparto commits to:
• treat all residents, visitors and employees with a fair and respectful approach.
• tackle discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimisation.
• investigate any complaint from residents, visitors or employees who feel they have been treated unfairly.
• review its equality and diversity policy annually to ensure its commitments are maintained and raised year on year.
• train all team members to provide a practical guide to equality, diversity and inclusion, and key rights and responsibilities under the law.
We are committed to continue to offer a vibrant working, learning and living environment, where we celebrate differences and welcome everyone.