Expand your horizons this summer through volunteering
20 June 2019
The summer holidays are within reaching distance! Exams are nearly over and a long stretch of sunny (hopefully!) days lay ahead…. If you’re stuck for what to do over the summer holidays, have a read of our blog to learn about the benefits of volunteering! Whether you fancy supporting your local community or venturing further afield to exotic locations, there are so many projects to get involved in.
Help out a great cause and learn new skills
While you might have your time filled with a summer job, holidays or simply having some down time there are also some great volunteering and internship opportunities to get involved in. These can vary from part time projects or longer opportunities aboard, whatever you want to do. These offer fun ways to get some valuable experience, meet new people, learn new skills and make a contribution to great causes. There are a huge range of exciting volunteering opportunities, whether you want to work for a local charity or travel abroad to help with wildlife conservation or building schools – the opportunities are endless!
- Experience something new and help out a great cause
- Add some valuable skills and experience to your CV to set you apart
- Volunteering can give you the opportunity to visit new and interesting places or even different countries!
- Meet amazing people
- Do your research! There are so many opportunities out there, make sure you have a good think about what you would enjoy and any skills you want to learn.
- Be adaptable – volunteering can introduce you to new experiences and ways of working
- Have fun – you’ll get to meet loads of new people, as well as learning new skills!