Self-love valentines event with top influencer
20 February 2020
For Valentines, we wanted to change things up, with a self-care evening with top influencer Melanie Murphy. Beckett House, one of the four aparto award-winning student accommodation sites, played host to a sold-out exclusive event on Thursday 13th February 2020.
Over 100 students from across Dublin were warmly welcomed by the team, including our latest addition to the aparto family ‘Willoughby’, a 16-week-old Bichon Havanese!
Guest’s enjoyed all of the finishing touches on the night; from a light refreshment’s bar, falafel bowls of wholesome goodness in the courtyard, a self-love wall, a treat yo’self pick a mix featuring Alpes D’Or, goodie bags and ofcourse signed copies of Melanie’s latest book, ‘If Only”.
Once Melanie took to the stage, our guests were switched on and ready for an inspiring Q&A. Melanie Murphy, not only a top influencer in Ireland / UK, is a qualified teacher, a bestselling author and an award-winning online content creator. At the aparto well-being student event she shared her journey: passion for self-love, nutrition, fitness and self-care and growth.
Here are Melanie Murphy’s 5 top tips:
- Get enough sleep! If you struggle with this, evaluate your room (tidy, make it cosy) and practice a relaxing bedtime ritual. (a bath, stretching, meditation, deep breathing or an audiobook!)
- Try to include whole foods in your diet as much as you can!
- Move your body a few times a week in a way that feels good…endorphins trigger a positive feeling in the body!
- Are you getting enough face-to-face time with your family/friends? If not, schedule in time to connect with them. Talking to peers is so good for your mental health.
- Make time for activities that mentally stimulate you (such as reading or working on a project that you're passionate about!)
Melanie on the night: ‘I’m very bloody lucky. The loveliest audience. Big love to aparto for the #apartofwellbeing event it was so well run…goodie bags and food and music, had a brilliant time! Was fab to be shown around the premises too - they have student accommodation around the UK and Ireland but it’s so much more than a place to stay, I love that they focus so much on providing students with opportunities to meet and connect with others from around the world…college can be a lonely place and movie nights, yoga events etc are such great ideas to help students feel part of something, a real home away from home!”.